Saturday, September 5, 2009

Support Education

I guess I'm surprised that people have concerns over the President of the United States addressing students. Being an educator, I encourage anyone supporting students to do their best; supporting studying, making goals, reaching for the stars. I can't imagine adults not wanting their children to be encouraged to improve and work hard. Seems like a no brainer. My first reaction was, "Wow, the President is taking the time to speak directly to students -- that's great!" Students need role models. They need adults that they can look up to. Of course, parents are number one in this position, but not all students have parents, one or two.

Just read the Einstein quote of the day--maybe it fits here: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds..." Is this just out of control politics? I'm not sure, but I hope that rational thinking prevails and adults choose to act like adults and applaud all encouragement of students doing their best and trying to improve their own education, taking ownership and responsibility for their learning and thinking. No matter who I voted for in the past election, I would support the President or any speaker who encouraged students to learn, think, set goals, and improve their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment